Monday, November 9, 2009

Keen Shoes


I just spent two weeks in Ecuador with the same shoes on my feet almost the whole time: the Briggs II leather “good for almost everything” shoes from Keen. They performed admirably on every surface I threw at them and were surprisingly comfortable the whole time.

Keen briggs Keen shoes ordered me up with this particular model to try discover after I said I was going to be blow the paseo in a city, walking on sharp lava rocks, riding on a boat, and tromping finished muddy fields checking discover giant tortoises. I didn’t want giant hiking boots on my feet though—I was ease going to need to walk into a restaurant today and then.

I tried these discover for two weeks first in my confined conditions: walking around the sidewalks of my pedestrian-friendly neighborhood. This is how most travelers would probably ingest them most of the time anyway. Then I packed them up for the trip to Ecuador, putting them to ingest on cobblestones in Quito then everything to be encountered in the island Islands, which is a lot.

This particular model has waterproof leather uppers, non-marking rubber outsoles that curve up to protect your toes, and a form-fitting footgear bed. Here’s the official statement on that: “Cush footbed features recycled PU, cork, and module foam for sustainability and comfort.” Worked for me.

I personally like Keens because they’re sized a little wider than most and allow for a better fit with hiking socks. Then you crapper just lace them a little tighter with regular socks. I’ve also found them to be well-made and durable. This pair lost a stitch in one crossway of one footgear that I need to fix, which was probably the result of a sharp lava rock somewhere. Otherwise they’re ease looking and feeling good after the punishment and will probably go on plenty more trips. The protection held up in several drizzles.

No comments:

Post a Comment